Please note that while our meetings are open to the general public, our field trips are planned with a limited capacity for the enjoyment of our members, who get first choice. If your visit to Chaffee County coincides with one of our field tip dates, and you would like to join us, please contact the field trip coordinator. If there is space available on our field trip, you are welcome to attend once you and your family has joined our club and signed the appropriate waivers. Visit the Membership Page to learn how to become a member. Check out our calendar for upcoming field trips, events including shows, presentations, and meetings. Click here for our 2020 field trip list where we go recreational prospecting as a club.
- Interested members must sign up for membership one month before the trip.
- If you do sign up for a trip and can’t go – please be considerate and cancel your reservation by contacting the field trip coordinator.
- If you wish to join, please use our Membership Application Form.
- Please Note our club liability insurance covers damage to property, but not personal injury. Participation in club sponsored events is at your own risk.
WHAT TO WEAR Recommendations for all outings:
- DO NOT WEAR SHORTS OR SANDALS!
- Wear a long sleeve shirt and long pants!
- Bring lots of water and a lunch!
- Wear a hat, sunscreen, gloves and sun glasses!
- Bring any medications you may need!
- Wear hiking boots with ankle support.
- Bring any and all equipment you may need (shovel, rock pick, sluice, pans, bucket, etc.)!
When you are visiting Chaffee County we invite you to stop by the RockDoc at Prospectors Village, 17897 US Highway 285, Nathrop, CO 81236, 719-539-2019. “A Guide to Rockhounding & Prospecting in Chaffee County” is available for a small donation. Or you may learn more at www.therockdoc.net.